Today has been a fairly awesome, very weird day.
OMGosh… I. Just. Saw. Matt. Maher. Do. That. Song!!! In person!!
Seriously, maybe an hour ago, I was at the Matt Maher / Audrey Assad Advent Concert. I don’t want to make anyone feel bad who missed it, but seriously, best concert ever.
Plus–I have never seen so many catholics in a protestant church in my life. It had to be a record number of religious sisters, ever, in that church. Lol. Really though, it was incredibly beautiful that we all could come together and praise God. BEAUTIFUL. So uplifting.
Matt Maher is incredibly humble. The man sang “I Need You” at the concert, and I couldn’t help but think of World Youth Day in Rio earlier this year with 3,700,000 young catholics AND OF COURSE THE POPE in attendance. Amazing.
Plus Matt Maher was super funny. He made fun of Floridians singing Christmas carols when we don’t ever get snow. It’s true; it is sort of lame. But he sang us a few carols and changed the lyrics to riding a jet ski instead of sleigh and hailing instead of snowing… fun stuff.
#2 Audrey freakin’ Assad. I not only got to hear Matt Maher–I got to hear Matt Maher WITH AUDREY ASSAD! How lucky / blessed am I?
If you don’t know Audrey Assad, let me sum up her talent for you. She sings flawlessly, effortlessly, like what I imagine Heaven will sound like. Stunning. She’s got the CUTEST baby bump right now and she sang the most moving “Ave Maria.”
Hearing her sing it, this is going to sound weird probably, but I could feel the presence of the Blessed Mother there so pleased, maternal, radiant and warm. Joyful. It was as though she was very present with us (and I’m sure she was) accepting this incredible song of praise, all of us her children gathered together. I felt it so deeply–just stunning. Audrey, girl, what a gift.
Oh and I got a video! I actually recorded the entire thing, but it was too long to upload. So here’s a taste. Doesn’t do it justice in the least, sorry to say.
3. Tomorrow the incredibly cool Vogts are back in town, and I get to hang out with my friend Kathleen while Brandon is doing a retreat. Facebook is great, but I’m very excited to catch up in person!! Yey friends.
4. Our local Frassati women’s group went caroling earlier this week to collect cans for the food pantry at Catholic Charities. It was more fun than I could have imagined.
We’d walk up, ring the doorbell half singing, half in fits of giggles while people peeked through window blinds trying to figure out if it was safe to open the door. Almost everyone did eventually open the door, and we sang and sang and sang. Little kids joined in to “Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer” wearing their PJs, and older folks commented how it’s been decades since they’d seen anyone caroling, and how it was wonderful to relive that again. Also we got quite the haul of canned goods. Lots of fun–I highly recommend it!
5. Big news in the world of college sports–if you just read that as big blah blah blah mumbo jumbo whatever–no wait. You need to realize, this is huge–Jameis Winston was cleared of all charges, announced officially today at 2. I caught the press conference on TV just before Jo had therapy. I expected nothing less, but it’s good to have this issue out of the way. We play Duke this weekend and then on to the National Championship–to win of course! This has been the BEST EVER (well for a long time) football season.
I’ve needed this. I’ve really need it. I swear.
You can’t say anything bad about college football considering the insane Alabama rivalry game last week <—(((YOU HAVE TO CLICK THIS. THE REACTIONS FROM THE SPORTSCASTERS ARE WORTH IT. INCREDIBLE PLAY))) that sent FSU straight to the #1 (OOOOH YEAH) spot and caused an earthquake. Seriously. Seismic activity. Insanity.
6. So we got sued today. I guess. I know I was going to keep the details to myself, and I won’t go into specifics BUT it’s just so much b.s. Despite having been moved out now for what, oh 3 months, our prior LL just filed eviction notice and wants several months rent since we’ve been gone. Nope, no lease breach or anything against us at all. Not going to call anyone greedy… but we’ll just leave that word there for you to do with what you want.
HANDILY my MIL is an excellent lawyer. After reading over all of the official paperwork, she concluded it was, in her own words, ridiculous and that she’d have fun dealing with it, something about countersuing. Honestly, I can’t even figure out how the LL concludes that we “owe” her and the if so, the numbers wouldn’t even add up. Aside from that, she actually set to task slandering us to the neighbors with straight up weird lies (heard it through the grapevine), then called us and begged us not to leave, crying and trying to offer us incentives and apologizing, and many, many times telling me she doesn’t trust men and hates men (in reference to my husband) (because of her ex-husband or some stuff). Just too much. TOO MUCH CRAZY.
What she doesn’t realize is in addition to countersuing, we also can legally seek our deposit in full with interest back. Sometimes people really ought to stop while they’re ahead. I am really being very kind not to vent more. If this was any less anonymous for her, I wouldn’t have said so much, but seriously. WTF. !?!?!?!?! AND I’m leaving stuff out.
I am thankful we are out and will be more thankful for her to leave us the freaking heck alone. Worst LL EVER. Plus I’m thankful everything is going so well with the new place. It’s not luxurious but it’s great actually. Working out nicely.
7. Ahem. Back to Advent. Tomorrow’s St Nick’s feast day. Boy I bet he can relate to wanting to punch someone in the face for the sake of truth… I MEAN UH WHAT? I don’t know where that came from. Anyway.
Last year St Nick was so clever as to leave chocolate gold coins with his face on them like so:
This year, life just has been chaotic what with the new puppy and the three littles
and I forgot the printer’s out of ink and anyway looks like St Nick is bringing coins straight how they came from Trader Joe’s this year. Luckily, I’m positive my kids will just be stoked someone left them chocolate in their shoes.
Also I only just realized poor kid #3 still doesn’t own shoes–despite he’s starting to walk! Note to self, buy Mike shoes for his birthday. ;)
Oh and there just may be some Santa Pancakes tomorrow and very likely the St Nick Veggitales which is on Netflix. Plus meeting up with friends. Sounds like a day!
ho ho ho, pass the Maple syrup. -or- ho ho ho… don’t eat me!! Noooo….
Thank you Jesus for our many, many blessings.
And thanks for reading–seriously. God bless you. Hope you have a wonderful Friday. That Advent concert has really energized me, and I’m so ready to buckle down in preparation of the savior. More Jesse tree and Advent wreath goodies / posts to come soon!